Apply Now! 12 College Health Corps VISTA Positions Available
Serve for a Year. Make a Difference that Lasts. Take your Community Leadership to a New Level.
Now Accepting Applications
The College Health Corps (CHC) is an AmeriCorps VISTA national service program working to promote health equity and support the wellness of low income people in Minnesota. VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is the capacity-building, indirect service arm of the AmeriCorps national service program, likened to a domestic Peace Corps. CHC VISTA members commit to serving one year, full time, to address health issues affecting low-income Minnesotans through capacity building projects focused on program development and enhancement. VISTA members are provided a modest living allowance and several other financial supports during their year of service. CHC connects higher education institutions with community clinics and nonprofits to create greater healthcare and emergency food access and health literacy for underserved populations. Program details in this flyer.
How to Apply
Click on the links below to find specific position descriptions for each project site. Sites are interviewing now and are open until filled. Please contact Sinda Nichols at sinda@greatplains. or 612-436-2080 for more information.
2016-2017 College Health Corps AmeriCorps VISTA Host Sites
- American Indian Cancer Foundation, Minneapolis (FILLED)
- Brian Coyle Center and University of Minnesota Office of Sustainability, Minneapolis (FILLED)
- Brightside Produce of University of St. Thomas, St. Paul (FILLED)
- Health Commons & Campus Kitchen with Augsburg College, Minneapolis (FILLED)
- Inver Hills Community College Poverty Student Success Project, Inver Grove Heights
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College Student Support Center, Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Health Department Youth Violence Intervention Program (MYVIP), Minneapolis
- People’s Center Health Services with Augsburg College and St Catherine University, Minneapolis
- Rochester Student Health Services, Rochester
- Southwest Minnesota State University and Healthy 56258, Marshall
- The University of Minnesota Robert J. Jones Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center Trauma Recovery Project, Minneapolis
- College Health Corps VISTA Leader*, Minnesota Campus Compact, Minneapolis (*Must be Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, or VISTA alum for Leader position.)